If you have received any message on the notification bar regarding the new version upgrade, click on 'Yes, I am in' to proceed further.
For those who haven't received over-the-air (ota) upgrade notification, you may check for update manually by going to Settings --> About Phone --> System updates. And then you can proceed.
Before proceeding with the update, be sure to backup all your important stuff to your SD card though the upgrade didn't seem to harm anything, but it is better to be safethan sorry! I used Super Backup for that purpose, you may use an app of your choice.
Upgrading your Moto E should be a 4 step process -
- At least 50% battery backup on phone. More the better, just to be sure.
- Connection to the internet for downloading files About 60 MB for Moto E, maybe a little more for the other two models.
- Backup is highly recommended.
- Find the upgrade and accept the upgrade notice.
- Your phone will download the required files. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- It will give you a confirmation that files have been downloaded and will ask you to install them. Click Ok and the phone will restart. Be patient.
- The system will update by itself and your phone will be ready in few minutes.
|Download was very slow!|
|While it was upgrading|
|After the upgradation|
|Upgrading the phone took about 5 mins|
Please let me know if you have any questions.