Hello friends :)
Back again. Though am writing after 2-3 days as I had become lil busy with the planning and purchase of a new computer that my classmate wanted to buy.
Starting off, he said he wont be gaming in a hardcore manner. Just a lil bit gaming here n there. He's more of a 'Dota' n 'Fifa' fan than any other game n those do not require much powerful rigs.As his budget was strictly around rs 28k so i had to plan it out well.
Having assembled computers for my friends earlier too, my position was different this time around. Earlier the pcs to be assembled, were to be as cheap as possible with a good workable platform.Those were not for much gaming but for casual use. So all I did was go to the shop [@Lamington,Mumbai], tell him the budget, n then decide on few aspects, that's it.[I bought those 2 pcs for 17k n 21k respectively :)]
This one made me think a lot. A 25-30 k budget meant I could do a lot more in terms of packing it with more power and at the same time making it more appealing. I finally made the choice n with last minutes modifications, in consultation with the shop keeper, made the following buy :
1. Phenom II X2 550 click here for details
2. Gigabyte ultra durable 3 motherboard ~ above 2 items combo cost us around rs 13k
click here for details
3. 1x2gb 667 MHz Kingston Ram ~ rs 1200
4. Zebronics full atx cabinet ~ rs 1900
5. Seagate barracuda 7200.12 500gb ~ rs 2600
6. AOC 20" LCD for ~8k click here for details
total = approx rs 26,700
* He planned for Ati HD 4670 with 512 mb ddr3 gfx memory but didn't buy that as our budget was overshooting. The current motherboard has internal gfx memory of 512mb ddr2 which shall be enough for games like dota. Will consider getting this card later.
* Presently the ram has been kept at 2 gb. He currently uses Win Xp which supports 3gb only so no point in going for 4 gb right now. Will upgrade to 4 gb if he plans to shift to Win 7 but only after the stable version is out.
* The zebronics cabinet comes with a bundled 550 watts psu n I think it will suffice for normal operations. He is not into much gaming so no need for branded ones.
* Would be using old creative 2.1 speakers , mouse n keyboard.
Click on the pics for a bigger size
This guy stays in Mulund, Mumbai. I went to his house catching a taxi from Lamington, set his pc there n then returned. I got relieved from a big responsibility finally..
From the trial run it seemed quite a good piece of assembly :) Only more usage n time will tell how it ultimately is.
After leaving his apartment, I went to another friend's place to see a part of his new pc tat had arrived that very day. Its being assembled bit by bit, as and when the parts are arriving.It's gonna be a pure MONSTER, trust me :P
Ill post details about it along with pictures but you gotta wait a lil ;)